History of the Fair
In November 1947, in the widely scattered populated farming community of Nauwigewauk, Murray Anderson married one of the local daughters (Lillian Henderson) and moved into the area. Recognizing the energies of the youth of the community and the lack of diversions for them, Murray saw the potential of a community group organization. Gathering interested residents to a meeting, he stimulated enthusiasm to raise funds by holding a country fair. Land was loaned for the first fair, which proved so successful that it became a very popular annual summer event for the next 50 years. With profits from this annual event the club has been able to purchase land, erect a community hall, an outdoor rink, and playground; and more recently a ball field, rink house, barbecue pit and nature trail.